Sunday, June 1, 2008

55 Acts of Kindness

As some of you know, my 55th birthday is coming up on June 12. No big party or celebration is planned. I have themed it a "55 Acts Of Kindess Month Long Celebration" where I will be doing various things this entire month to raise awareness and money for pediatric brain tumor research in honor of the big "55".

Wow...I used to think that was old, but it is not looking too old at the moment. I sent emails to some of my friends and I received the following back from a dear friend. (I did not ask their permission to post the email, so I am leaving their name off.)

Dear Kathy,
Since we met in July 2004, you have been a wonderful inspiration to me and a great friend. You have been a true supporter of children with brain tumors. I have witnessed your great big heart in action and your depth of conviction towards ending their pain and suffering is huge. I am continually amazed and impressed with all the efforts you put forth on behalf of the Kids and their families.

You are a true inspiration to others and we should all strive to follow your lead. Your outlook on life and optimism is just two of your many traits that inspire me to be a better person.

So, my commitment to you, is to honour your 55th birthday with a donation to the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation. I will contribute 55 cents for the 30 days in June. I am not waiting til the end of the 30 days, I will be making my online donation this week. Hopefully others will follow my lead.


I have read this email several times and still tear up everytime. Thank you for the kind words, my dear friend, you are truly one in a million and I value your friendship. You know who you are and I know you read my blog!

I believe that if you give, you shall be rewarded. Now everyone get out there and perform a random act of kindess today.

No comments: