Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Monday Was A Great Day..I Made A New Friend


Today is Tuesday...This is what I did yesterday! On Monday I went to meet an amazing eight year old boy, Drew and his mom, Gina.

I recently became aware of Drew through this amazing tool, we all now depend on, the internet. Little did I know, he lives in the same county as me and his grandfather worked with my husband at one time. It really is a small world.

I made arrangements to meet Drew and Gina at their home. I arrived right on time and there waiting on the porch was Drew, just a waving and smiling. He ran to the car and smothered me with the best hugs and kisses. He now has me wrapped around his fingers.

We go inside and the hugs and kisses continue and he is quite the little gentleman, even kissing my hand! He always had a smile, even when mom sent him to his room, so we could chat!

At four years old, Drew was diagnosed with a highly aggressive, adult brain tumor, rarely seen in children. Drew's parents were told to go home and enjoy their time of 5 – 12 months. I am happy to say it has been 4 years and Drew is doing well. Drew is a very loving and fun child. He has never met a stranger. Drew loves everyone he meets. He is known to shower everyone with his love, hugs and kisses, as I found out first hand. You can read Drew's complete on my website: Brown Bag For A Cure

Drew's family has decided to join my TEAM and help with my mission of $25,000 for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation. We talked about several ideas and we are exploring numerous possiblities for achieving this goal.

You can read all about Drew on his Caring Bridge page and he loves the messages, so leave him one please: Drew's Carebridge

1 comment:

m&msmommy said...

Thank you SO much for praying for my sister and her family. I see your site on all of the DIPG childrens' pages that I follow and what you are doing is amazing. Thank you again for sending your prayers!

Christina Gomez
www.caringbridge.org/visit/brannockfamily